Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Seven Years

It’s been more than seven years. Things have changed; changed for the better. I am no more the one you never cared about, you are no more the girl I was crazy about. Yet, I owe you a lot. You showed me life. You made me what I am today.

Thanks for telling me that I was just another guy. Thanks for letting me down just when I needed you the most. Thanks for ignoring me even when I was in tears. Thanks for telling me again and again that people like me never get girls like you. Thanks for not picking up my call when I was dying to hear your voice. Thanks for not coming out of your hostel to meet me when I was standing right in front of the gate, traveling the entire night. Thanks for forgetting me when you were the only one in my mind. Above all, thanks for making fun of me along with your friends. Thanks a lot.

In the last seven years I have got a lot of things. Somehow, I have everything that you thought I would never get. I did everything you thought I can never do. I achieved everything you were doubtful about.

I know I will never see you again. The only thing I want to tell you is that now you are nobody in my life, just nobody.

2 comments: