Thursday, June 7, 2007

For the Sake of Inspiration

The other day, I was going through a book on Buddha. It said, one day Buddha saw an old man which inspired him to abandon the world and become a sanyasi. This started my long time back itch of looking around to see what people are doing. It didn’t take much time to get back to normal again, though.

Next day, when I was coming back from my office, I took a bus which was not very crowded. Not finding any victim of my behavioral study, my eye finally zeroed in on the guy next to me, digging his nose. Pretty awkward though, that guy was pretty cool. When he saw me staring at him, he gave me a “Who cares” kind of look and kept on his search operation. Moral of the story: “Duniya jaaye tel lene, aish tu kar.”

The next day, the bell started ringing a bit early; at the bus stop. I saw a nice looking girl with a shy kind of look. A glimpse of her ID card made it clear that she was working for a certain software company. I started comparing this girl with one in my university who was so proud of her built in BC cell phone, as she happened to one of those “I have a cell phone” type, with this girl. I felt how different these two girls are. One is proud for nothing and the other so simple in spite of so many reasons to be proud. Suddenly another bell rung, but in a melodic way; it was her cell phone. Saving the first few sentences, she started using “f***” for almost twice every sentence; some times more than that as well. As she hung up the call, she could realize that I had been watching her all along. I still remember the “ghar mein maa behen nahin hai kya?” look she gave me. Luckily, an auto appeared from nowhere at the right time.

Probably Buddha was lucky, the view of one oldman changed his life. He’s even luckier as he wasn’t there in my place. For sure, the way that girl gave me a look, he would have died of heart attack ON THE SPOT.

No comments: