Thursday, December 18, 2008

Integrity in question, again!

I was never committed, she said. I am still not sure if she meant it. After doing all that I could do, this was the last thing I expected. I understand she was angry, but, in anger, you generally speak your mind.

Yes, I was not committed. If putting her interest in priority as opposed to mine, deciding to drop the plans I had made for my life, deciding to let love take over logic, deciding to push everybody else aside for the one I loved, and deciding to stand by her when she needed me doesn’t mean commitment, I was not committed.

What she failed to understand is that I am equally sad because things are not happening the way we thought. Even more saddening is the fact that she has started suspecting my integrity. I also have a heart. I also have feelings. I also feel hurt. However, I am not going to answer her back. She has been great all through so this one-off statement is not going to change what I feel for her. I still consider her one of my own, one I can trust. At the same time, I am not going to do anything that will change her opinion on me, because after doing all that I did, I don’t think I have to prove anything to anyone.

No comments: