Thursday, March 7, 2013

At this point...

Here I stand. In front of me is the never ending ceiling of the blue sky meeting the blue water of the sea, somewhere beyond the boundary of my vision. As I look back, I see my footprints on the sand tracing my journey back to eternity. Maybe something is missing. While I had always dreamt of reaching here, I don't feel that sense of completion. Neither do I see any road ahead that I can continue to tread on. So, this is it. Maybe my calculations were wrong. Reaching nothingness is actually the end of this journey.

I cannot go back. Neither do I have the energy nor do I remember the labyrinth of roads I had to unriddle to reach here. I am certainly standing at the point of no return. Since I have realized how this story is going to end, I wouldn't contest fate and make the last chapter of my story unnecessarily ugly. I would rather stand here and close my eyes, making the beauty of the blue my last recorded memory.

No comments: